Thursday, July 28, 2005

CAFTA Vote Fixed???
Bush is Flippin Thug.
Is All Lost?



This is serious. CAFTA passed last night by 2 votes. But this from Josh Marshall :
Rep. Rep. Charles Taylor (R-NC) has put out a statement saying that he voted "NO" on CAFTA last night but that the voting machine didn't register his vote.

I voted NO on the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) in the vote last night. I informed the Majority Leader and the Appropriations Chairman I was voting no, as I had informed my constituents I was voting no. Rep. Howard Coble and I voted "no" together. Due to an error, my "no" vote did not record on the voting machine. The Clerk's computer logs verified that I had attempted to vote, but it did not show my "nay". I am re-inserting my "No" vote in the record. But even with my NO vote re-inserted, the bill still passed.



This is outrageous. If we can't trust the voting machines in Congress all is truly lost.

No comments: