Sunday, January 22, 2006

Question for the White House Press Corps

Last week Scottie McClellan said he wasn't commenting on Abramoff's meetings at the White House unless the press had something specific...
Q Would you qualify it as senior staff that he met with here?

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm just saying staff-level meetings is the way I would describe it. And if you have anything specific, I'll be glad to take a look into it.

Q Well, we're counting on you for the specifics --

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, if there's any reason for me to check into it, please bring it to my attention.


Well here's a specific and I hope someone puts it to Scottie tomorrow.....

Scott, yesterday Time magazine reported on a specific meeting between Abramoff and Karl Rove saying that Abramoff, quote "was also admitted to the White House complex for meetings with several staff members, including one with presidential senior adviser Karl Rove," unquote. Would you please look into this specific meeting between Rove and Abramoff and report back to us?

No comments: